Planar, Leyard Expand Award-Winning Clarity Matrix Video Wall Line-up with Extreme Narrow Bezel and Stereo 3D
Industry’s smallest seam LCD video wall display features a tiled bezel width of just 1.6mm for virtually seamless installations and Full HD stereo 3D model
Today at InfoComm 2016, Planar, a Leyard company and a global leader in display and digital signage technology and Leyard, a global leader in visualization products, unveiled two new models to its award-winning, best-in-class Clarity® Matrix™ LCD Video Wall System line-up.
The first of the new models is the Clarity Matrix MX55HDX LCD video wall display with the industry’s smallest tiled bezel, which takes the customer viewing experience to a new level by offering virtually seamless LCD video wall installations. Also new to the Clarity Matrix video wall line-up is the Clarity Matrix LX46HDU-3D, an LCD video wall solution for customers seeking a large format stereoscopic display for professional 3D visualization applications.
When tiled together to create a video wall, the 55-inch Clarity Matrix MX55HDX with extreme narrow bezel provides a tiled bezel width of just 1.7 millimeters or less than one-sixteenth of an inch, transforming what was once a collection of LCD video wall displays into a near seamless, high resolution array that offers a cohesive, high-impact viewing experience. The Clarity Matrix MX55HDX video wall display combines the industry's thinnest profile extreme narrow bezel LCD display with superior design, installation and service benefits that deliver on its reputation as the industry’s premier LCD video wall.
“Our award-winning Clarity Matrix line-up of LCD video wall displays has never been stronger,” said Jennifer Davis, chief marketing officer at Leyard and vice president of marketing and product strategy for Planar. “With this miniscule tiled bezel width, unparalleled picture clarity and the industry’s broad product line, Clarity Matrix continues to demonstrate our leadership as the industry’s best-in-class source for LCD video wall solutions.”
Top Performance, Reliability and Value
As Planar developed the Clarity Matrix MX55HDX, it built several features into the extreme narrow bezel model to ensure the highest performance, reliability and value. These include:
- Improvements to the unique Planar® EasyAxis™ Mounting System, making it easier to achieve the smallest gap between individual LCD video wall displays.
- Unparalleled picture sharpness and clarity achieved through 800 nits of brightness and an off-board architecture prevents hot spots on the display.
- A 10 percent power consumption reduction over previous 55-inch Clarity Matrix models.
- An installed depth of 92 millimeters (3.6 inches), achieving compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirement for protruding objects.
- Built-in video extension of up to 150 meters (500 feet), offering unprecedented installation flexibility while eliminating the cost and reliability concerns of third-party cable extenders.
- Convenient front serviceability enabled by a unique design that transfers the electronics and power supply modules normally located on the back of the display to easily accessible off-board components.
- The ability to drive as many as five Clarity Matrix displays with a single power supply module.
- Specialized transportation packaging that surpasses International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) specifications, ensuring that every display arrives intact.
- Optional Planar® ERO™ (Extended Ruggedness and Optics™) protective glass option to further safeguard the display against breakage both in transit and while in use in public spaces.
Clarity Matrix 3D: Stereoscopic Performance for Professional Visualization
The new Clarity Matrix LX46HDU-3D LCD video wall display is a professional solution for universities, design firms, manufacturers and government customers seeking a large-format stereo 3D visualization display. Customers can utilize passive glasses to analyze 3D models and data in stunning realism to bring virtual worlds to life in a physical environment with resolutions never before possible in tiled environments. Customers can also use the video wall as a collaborative work space for standard 2D content. Clarity Matrix LX46HDU-3D LCD video walls can cost a fraction of commonly-used large venue solutions, offering Full HD native resolution, an ultra-thin installed depth of just 3.7 inches and an off-board electronics design for easy maintenance.
“Mechdyne has deployed several CAVE2 large scale virtual reality solutions utilizing the previous generation Clarity Matrix 3D models. With twice the resolution, the new Clarity Matrix LX46HDU-3D redefines the immersive experience and realism of the CAVE2 and elevates its applications in multi-data source collaboration,” said Mike Hancock, vice president at Mechdyne.
The Clarity Matrix MX55HDX and Clarity LX46HDU-3D models will begin shipping in Summer 2016 through Planar and Leyard’s worldwide network of authorized resellers.
To see a Clarity Matrix MX55HDX extreme-narrow bezel video wall in action, visit Planar and Leyard at InfoComm 2016 (Booth #C7736). For more information about Clarity Matrix LCD video walls, visit www.leyard.com/Matrix.