How Long is 100,000 Hours?
The typical lifetime of LEDs used in Leyard and Planar’s LED display solutions is 100,000 hours. That means that if you turn on a Leyard DirectLight LED video wall right now, the LED display will run for 100,000 before it achieves half-brightness (and will continue to run beyond that, of course).
Let’s put it all into perspective:
- 100,000 hours is over 11 years
- 100,000 hours is over 595 weeks
- 100,000 hours is over 4,000 days
What could you do in 100,000 hours?
- You could watch over 66,666 soccer matches.
- You could drive from Los Angeles, California to New York, New York 2,439 times.
- You could have 5,660 Star Wars movie marathons (watching all 8 movies that have been released to date).
- You could watch 100,000 American football games.
- You could walk all the way across Europe 138 times.
Here are some things our customers do with the 100,000 hour lifetime of an LED display:
- Monitor real-time operations in a control room.
- Display advertising and brand content.
- Present company information to visitors in executive briefing centers or board rooms.
- Film and distribute news content in front of a broadcast set design.