How Long is 50,000 Hours?
The typical lifetime of Leyard and Planar’s LCD display solutions is 50,000 hours. That means that if you turn on a Clarity® Matrix® LCD Video Wall right now, the LCD displays will run for 50,000 hours before they achieve half-brightness (and will continue to run beyond that, of course).
Let’s put it all into perspective:
- 50,000 hours is over 5 years
- 50,000 hours is over 297 weeks
- 50,000 hours is over 2,083 days
What could you do in 50,000 hours?
- You could travel to the moon and back 347 times.
- You could drive from Los Angeles, California to New York, New York 2,439 times.
- You could have Lord of the Rings Trilogy marathon over 73 times.
- You could watch every NFL game for 195 seasons.
- You could walk all the way across the United States 54 times.
Here are some things our customers do with the 50,000 hour lifetime of an LCD video wall:
- Monitor real-time operations in a control room.
- Display advertising and brand content.
- Present company information to visitors in executive briefing centers or board rooms.
- Film and distribute news content in front of a broadcast set design.
For more examples of how our customers are using LCD video walls, visit leyard.com/casestudies.